A Career In Caring And Problem-Solving
The law firm of Susan J. Lax R.N., M.S. LLC focuses on helping people deal with complex and intensely personal legal problems such as divorce and child custody, injury accidents, bankruptcy, guardianship of a vulnerable family member or a teenager in trouble with the law. Our Akron firm serves the surrounding communities of northeast Ohio and throughout the state.
Susan J. Lax worked as a registered nurse for 10 years and has practiced law for over 30 years. Her background in caring for people at their most troubling times, coupled with her medical knowledge and legal skills, means you can count on her to watch over you in legal proceedings and guide you toward the most favorable outcome.
- Read more about Susan J. Lax
Decades Of Experience And Small-Firm Service
At Susan J. Lax R.N., M.S. LLC, you work directly with an experienced and compassionate attorney and her friendly, knowledgeable staff. Ms. Lax is skilled in many areas of the law, including:
- Divorce and family law: We cover the full spectrum, including property division, spousal support, custody and shared parenting, child support, grandparents’ rights and modifications of orders.
- Personal injury and wrongful death: Ms. Lax’s medical background helps us secure full compensation for auto accidents, medical malpractice and other negligence.
- Bankruptcy and creditor relief: We help ordinary people file for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy to get out of debt and stop wage garnishment and harassing phone calls.
- Estate law: We provide customized wills, trusts and estate planning and guide family members in estate administration or guardianship proceedings.
- Juvenile law: We advocate for youths accused of criminal offenses and strive to keep the focus on rehabilitation rather than punishment.
An Accomplished And Qualified Attorney
Susan Lax is licensed to practice law in three states. She has been recognized as one the top 3 divorce attorneys in northeast Ohio for several years running. Susan is a past president of the Summit County Medical Alliance and wrote the DNR (Do No Resuscitate) policy used by medical professionals in New Jersey. Her nursing credentials are an advantage in several areas of practice, including personal injury, medical malpractice and guardianships.
“A trusted lawyer offering local representation and close, personal attention to each case.”